Dr. William B. Jones received his Bachelor of Science degree from Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia, and his medical degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. After completing a residency in anesthesia at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Dr. Jones continued his medical training with residencies at the Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, New Jersey, and the Nassau County Medical Center in East Meadow, New York.
Dr. Jones began practicing medicine as an attending physician in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Island Medical Center in Hempstead, New York; he went on to become the department’s chairperson.
Board-certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and the American Board of Pain Medicine, Dr. Jones has been in practice at Rockville Centre Pain Management and Rehabilitation in Rockville Centre, New York, since 2000. Throughout his career, he has been committed to educating others in the pain-management field, most recently by teaching a cadaver workshop on endoscopic spinal surgery at the Richard Wolf Academy in Vernon, Illinois. He has also attended workshops on a wide range of pain-management topics, including interventional-fluoroscopic and radiofrequency techniques.
Dr. Jones is a member of many professional organizations, including:
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- The New York State Society of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Nassau County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- National Medical Association
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine